Lakewood Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Motorcycle accidents often result in life changing or even fatal injuries. Our Lakewood motorcycle accident lawyers can help you recover the compensation you and your family deserve. Call our law firm today for a free case review.
The Lakewood motorcycle accident attorneys at Front Range Injury Attorneys help clients recover compensation for injuries caused by careless drivers who crash into motorcyclists. We know motorcycle accidents can cause catastrophic injuries, such as broken bones and traumatic brain injuries. We can help you and your family recover compensation for your injuries, medical bills and lost wages.
Front Range Injury Attorneys is your trusted choice
At Front Range Injury Attorneys we care about helping our clients throughout their cases. We believe clients are best served when our Lakewood motorcycle accident lawyers participate in their cases from start to finish. We help our clients get the best treatment for their injuries. By building up your case from the beginning, we build a strong case to get the best results.
How will a Lakewood motorcycle accident attorney help my case?
Cases involving motorcycle accidents can become complicated. It can be challenging to establish the other party’s responsibility if you are a cyclist who is hit by another automobile. Insurance companies frequently jump to the conclusion that a crash was the motorcycle rider’s fault. To combat this, your attorney will compile all the evidence required to demonstrate the other party’s fault. From the crash site, they will collect all available evidence, such as eyewitness accounts, video surveillance, photos, accident reports, and more.
Your Lakewood motorcycle accident attorney at Front Range Injury Attorneys will get a copy of your medical records and make sure the total cost of your damages is assessed correctly. To get you the money you are due, your lawyer may, if necessary, launch a personal injury case against the responsible party.
How much is my motorcycle claim worth?
Your motorcycle accident case’s value will depend on its particular characteristics. A case is never exactly like another. In truth, there is no average settlement amount for motorcycle accident cases because the outcomes vary so widely. There are, however, primarily two categories of recoverable damages:
- Economic. It takes tallying up all of the invoices, receipts, and out-of-pocket expenses related to your crash to determine your economic damages. Medical expenses, home repairs, and income losses are a few examples of them.
- Noneconomic. This damage award, often known as pain and suffering damages, is decided by the courts after considering your case. The calculation can be done using any equation or none at all. In general, your noneconomic damages will be higher the more severe your injuries are and the impact they have.
Before you accept a settlement from an insurance company, it’s critical to comprehend the full and genuine value of your motorcycle accident claim. This is so that they can avoid paying out as much money, which insurance companies are renowned for doing, especially when a victim has severe or catastrophic injuries.
Liability in a motorcycle accident case
Before submitting an insurance claim, you or your Lakewood motorcycle accident lawyer must ascertain the reason for your Colorado motorcycle accident. This is true because Colorado is a tort-based state, which means that the party or person who caused the accident is financially liable. In Colorado, all motorists are obliged to maintain liability insurance coverage at a minimum. Generally speaking, if another driver is at fault for your collision, you can utilize this insurance to cover your medical expenses and motorcycle repairs. Depending on the situation, you could also be able to hold a third party accountable, such the government or a part manufacturer. You can evaluate culpability in your particular case with the assistance of an experienced Lakewood injury lawyer.
Common motorcycle accident injuries
On the road, motorcycle riders run significant risks. In the event of a collision, motorcycle riders have a substantially higher risk of suffering a major injury. A rider has minimal protection from the power of a car slamming into them, even when they are wearing helmets.
Our Lakewood motorcycle accident lawyers frequently assist clients who sustain the following wounds following a collision:
- Head trauma including traumatic brain injuries
- Facial and eye injuries
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations
- Internal organ damage or bleeding
- Spinal cord injuries
- Whiplash injuries
- Wrongful death
According to the Insurance Information Institute, there were 5,286 fatal motorcycle accidents in the US during the most recent reporting year. Those who survive a motorbike accident frequently incur enormous medical costs in addition to intense pain and suffering.
Causes of motorcycle accidents
In Lakewood, driver error is to blame for the majority of motorcycle accidents. Drivers frequently make negligent and reckless errors that put motorcycle riders in danger. These mistakes include:
- Following or passing too closely
- Red light or stop sign running
- Distracted driving
- Cell phone use while driving
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Driving while intoxicated on drugs or alcohol
- Unsafe turns
- Unsafe lane changes
- Other traffic law violations
Other common causes of motorcycle accidents in Colorado include dangerous road conditions, such as potholes, and motorcycle part failures.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident in Lakewood, CO
In order to ensure that your rights are protected if you are hurt in a motorcycle accident in Lakewood, Colorado, you must take specific actions. You can be better prepared to handle an accident if you know what to do in advance. The typical post-accident actions listed below can assist you in healing and moving on:
- Call the police. Don’t let the other driver persuade you to conceal the collision from the police or your insurance provider. No matter how minor the collision, you should always call the police.
- Gather information. Along with the broad circumstances of the case, such as the date, time, and scene of the collision, this also includes the information of the other driver. Obtain information from witnesses as well.
- Take photos and videos. Before you leave the scene of the motorbike incident, if you can, take pictures of it. This could serve as proof for a future injury claim.
- Go to the hospital. After a motorbike accident, seek professional medical attention right away. Even if you initially think everything is fine, your adrenaline could be hiding a catastrophic damage.
- File an insurance claim. To report a collision, contact the other driver’s insurance provider. Give the insurer a documented statement without admitting fault.
Contact a Lakewood motorcycle accident lawyer for help with the claims procedure. The recovery process following a motorbike accident might be facilitated by hiring an attorney because they can handle your legal needs and negotiate insurance settlements on your behalf. Additionally, a lawyer can ensure that you are not exploited by an insurance provider.
Contact a Lakewood motorcycle accident lawyer today
You should contact a lawyer right away if you or a loved one was hurt in a motorbike accident that was the result of someone else’s carelessness. Our Lakewood accident attorneys at Front Range Injury Attorneys are prepared to assist you in getting through this. Allow us to look at your situation so we can obtain the compensation you deserve, including:
- Medical expenses caused by your crash injuries
- Recovery of lost wages and benefits if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against the negligent party
If you need a Lakewood motorcycle accident attorney, contact Front Range Injury Attorneys today for a free consultation.