Lakewood Truck Accident Attorney
Truck accidents often result in life changing or even fatal injuries. Our Lakewood truck accident attorney can help you recover the compensation you and your family deserve. Call our law firm today for a free case review.
The Lakewood truck accident lawyers at Front Range Injury Attorneys help clients recover compensation for injuries caused by commercial truck crashes. Truck accidents can be physically, financially and emotionally devastating. Our lawyers are experienced advocates for victims of truck collisions who can help you hold the responsible party accountable for their carelessness or recklessness.
Front Range Injury Attorneys is your trusted choice
At Front Range Injury Attorneys we care about helping our clients throughout their cases. We believe clients are best served when our Lakewood truck accident lawyers participate in their cases from start to finish. We help our clients get the best treatment for their injuries. By building up your case from the beginning, we build a strong case to get the best results.
Why you need a truck accident attorney in Lakewood
While a personal injury attorney in Colorado can help with any accident or injury case, it’s crucial to retain one after sustaining a significant injury. The repercussions of severe to catastrophic injuries are frequently long-lasting or permanent, necessitating continual medical attention, rehabilitation, or physical therapy for you or a loved one. When dealing with an insurance provider in this situation, it’s imperative to demand what you’re worth.
After a vehicle accident, the financial future of your family is at stake. You can protect your rights and bargain with an insurance company with the assistance of an attorney. A Lakewood truck accident attorney can offer a variety of services, including:
- Investigating the collision
- Identifying defendants
- Determining liability
- Preserving and collecting evidence
- Interviewing witnesses
- Hiring expert witnesses
- Filing and pursuing personal injury claims for insurance
- Answering your legal questions
- Determining the best legal strategy for your case
- Negotiating for maximum compensation for your damages
- Taking your truck crash case to trial
This is simply a partial list of everything a truck accident attorney may do for you while you concentrate on getting better, rehabilitating, and preparing for the future. The legal team at Front Range Injury Attorneys has all the tools, expertise, and personnel needed to make the best case for damages. Find out during a free consultation at our neighborhood law office if you need to engage a lawyer for your truck accident lawsuit in Lakewood.
Compensation for a truck accident injury
After a truck accident, it can be difficult to determine the worth of your case. Your losses and injuries are probably going to be catastrophic, and there’s a good chance that the insurance company will undervalue your injury claim as well. This may make it unclear how much your case is actually worth. Our knowledgeable and committed personal injury attorneys at Front Range Injury Attorneys can provide you with a fair and honest assessment of your case. To include in your letter of demand to an insurance carrier, we may assist you in compiling an exhaustive list of all of your compensable losses. These losses could consist of:
- Medical bills you received from a hospital or other provider for treatment
- Medical bills foreseeably accrued for ongoing medical care due to your injuries
- Past lost wages and benefits
- Future lost earning capacity due to a disability
- Property damage caused by the accident
- Money spent out of pocket, such as travel costs
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress and mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life caused by the accident
- Wrongful death damages if a family member was killed in a truck accident
- Punitive damages if the accident resulted from gross negligence
Do not determine the worth of your case using an internet settlement calculator or an average sum. After a major truck collision, the stakes are too high to rely on anything less than a specialized analysis from a knowledgeable Lakewood truck accident lawyer. A lawyer will carefully examine your losses to provide you with an exact assessment. After that, he or she will pursue the best case outcome for you through litigation or aggressive legal tactics.
How much is my truck accident claim worth?
Your individual injuries and losses will determine the worth of your truck accident lawsuit in Lakewood, Colorado. Since every case is different, there is no such thing as an average settlement. Your particular case will be carefully examined by a truck accident attorney to assess its value, which may be dependent on elements such the seriousness of your injuries, whether you will have permanent impairment, your age and income, among other things.
You can fight for the best financial result possible for you and your unique case with the assistance of our Lakewood personal injury lawyers. We’ll assist you in comprehending all the effects the truck accident has had and will continue to have on your life. Then, we will exert every effort to ensure that an insurance provider or the legal system fully comprehends the scope of your losses in order to secure the best settlement or jury decision.
Can I recover damages if I was partly at fault for the crash?
Yes. Colorado is a modified comparative negligence state, which means that even if you contribute to an accident’s causes, you may still be entitled to financial compensation as long as your contribution is not more than 50%. As opposed to states where contributory negligence applies, comparative blame does not prevent you from receiving compensation. If a truck accident is found to have been largely your fault in Colorado, you may still be entitled to compensation. However, the courts will deduct your recovery award for the amount of your fault.
For instance, if the courts found that you were 20% at blame for the truck accident and awarded you a $500,000 judgment award, your recovery amount would be reduced by 20%. In this case, you would deduct $400,000 because the defendant would only be required to pay $80,000 of the $500,000 total judgment. The defendant would not be accountable for the 20% of the truck accident’s responsibility that was attributed to you.
You are not eligible for any financial recovery in Colorado if you are judged to be at least 50% at fault. This is how Colorado’s modified comparative negligence law gets “changed,” exactly. On the other hand, in jurisdictions with pure comparative negligence laws, a plaintiff can be to any extent at blame and still receive some monetary compensation. Contact a lawyer to challenge the comparative negligence argument if you think you played a part in your Lakewood truck accident.
What to do after a truck accident in Lakewood, CO
After something as tragic as a truck accident, shock is to be expected. Making a list of what you should do following a car accident will help you be ready in advance. By taking the right actions, you can safeguard your legal rights and improve your chances of being fairly compensated for your property damage and medical costs. Following a commercial truck collision in Lakewood, Colorado, you should do the following:
- Get to a secure area. If you can, pull your broken-down car off the road and retreat to a secure area. To avoid more collisions, turn on your danger lights.
- Call 911. While you’re still on the scene of your vehicle collision, dial 911. In Colorado, truck accidents are almost always serious enough to necessitate a police complaint.
- Don’t admit fault. Do not apologize to the truck driver or acknowledge that you in any way caused the truck collision.
- Gather information. Get the identity of the truck driver if you can, and describe the collision in detail. Also, capture the scene on camera.
- Visit a hospital right away. After a truck collision, this is frequently not an option because they frequently result in catastrophic injuries. However, it is always crucial to see a doctor even if you don’t believe you are wounded.
- Contact the insurance companies. Report the collision to the trucking firm and its insurer as soon as possible to begin the claims process.
- Speak with a lawyer. Consult with a lawyer to fully understand your legal options before accepting a settlement. You may rely on an attorney to advise you on the best ways to safeguard your interests.
The majority of truck accident victims in Colorado are too hurt to perform these actions on their own. You can still gather evidence if you get in touch with a Lakewood truck accident lawyer straight away. Your lawyer can investigate the location of the collision once again, speak with witnesses, obtain copies of the police report and your medical records, and take additional actions to determine what happened and who was at fault.
Causes of truck accidents
The alarming number of truck accidents that occur each year demonstrates the serious safety problems that the commercial carrier sector is plagued with. In Colorado, almost all truck accidents may be avoided. They are frequently brought about by negligent errors and careless truck drivers. Common illustrations include:
- Reckless driving
- Truck driver error
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Fatigued driving
- Using incorrect driving techniques under the circumstances
- Failing to properly control the truck
- Unsafe lane change or merging
- Poor driver training
- Lack of truck fleet maintenance
- Trucking company negligence
- Violating federal and state trucking laws
Our Lakewood accident attorneys may look into your truck accident to establish the cause and gather evidence. Then, we can support you while you take legal action against one or more people to hold them responsible for either starting or causing the crash.
Common truck accident injuries
Each year, hundreds of commercial truck collisions occur in Colorado, almost invariably resulting in serious and potentially fatal injuries for the victims who are sent to hospitals. Many victims never fully recover. In 2019, heavy trucks were involved in 5,005 fatal road accidents, according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. The following are a few of the most severe injuries linked to commercial vehicle collisions:
- Whiplash and other neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries including paralysis
- Head injuries and traumatic brain injuries
- Broken and crushed bones
- Severe burns and scarring
- Internal injuries
- Fatal injuries leading to wrongful death
Cuts, scrapes, bruises, and soft tissue injuries, although are typically considered minor, can still result in severe pain and suffering, lost pay, temporary incapacity, and other consequences. Find out how our attorneys can assist you if you have been given a personal injury diagnosis as a result of a truck accident in Lakewood, Colorado, so that you can recuperate and move on.
Who could be liable under Colorado law in a truck accident case?
You may be qualified to submit an insurance claim or a civil lawsuit against that party in an effort to get just compensation for your losses if one or more parties had a reasonable opportunity to stop the truck accident that resulted in your injuries or the death of a loved one. Colorado is a “fault” state, which means that the person or entity most responsible for your accident will be held accountable. This might be the case in a truck accident case:
- Truck driver
- Trucking company
- Truck owner/operator
- Cargo company
- Maintenance team or auto repair shop
- Truck part manufacturer
- Government agency
- Third-party driver
The likelihood of obtaining full financial recompense for your injuries is increased if many parties are held liable for your collision. Our truck accident attorneys in Lakewood, Colorado, are dedicated to bringing irresponsible parties liable for tragic truck accidents. We will look into your issue carefully and take all necessary steps to hold the appropriate party or parties accountable.
Contact a Lakewood, Colorado truck accident lawyer today
You don’t have to handle your recovery on your own if you were hurt in a truck accident in Lakewood, Colorado. Front Range Injury Attorneys’ neighborhood truck accident lawyers are available to help you with anything you require. We are kind and sympathetic lawyers who will hear your narrative and respond to your legal queries. With us as your attorneys, you’ll never be in the dark regarding your case. To learn more, get in touch with us right away.