Denver RTD Bus Accident Lawyer
RTD bus and train service provides public transit in the Denver metropolitan area. Although RTD bus accidents are rare, they can lead to serious or fatal injuries. Front Range Injury Attorneys helps clients recover maximum compensation in RTD bus accidents for injured clients and their families. Contact our Denver bus accident attorney for a free case review. Our Denver personal injury lawyers have experience pursuing RTD for injuries caused by their bus and other vehicles. RTD is the Colorado state agency Regional Transportation District. As a government agency, special rules apply to their negligent acts. You need an experienced Denver RTD bus accident lawyer on your side who knows how to advocate for your rights and get you the compensation you deserve. At Front Range Injury Attorneys, we will fight aggressively for your case.
Why Trust Front Range Injury Attorneys?
At Front Range Injury Attorneys we care about helping our clients throughout their cases. We believe clients are best served when our Denver personal injury attorneys participate in their cases from start to finish. We help our clients get the best treatment for their injuries. By building up your case from the beginning, we build a strong case to get the best results.
How we can help you
Contact Front Range Injury Attorneys to discuss your Colorado RTD bus accident case. We offer free case reviews for injury and accident cases across the state.
Tell us about your case
Why you need an RTD bus accident lawyer
Bus accidents involve several unique components that the typical passenger car versus passenger car typically lack. These unique issues make RTD bus accidents more complicated to work and create more opportunities for victims to get lost in the process.
RTD buses are large vehicles that present a higher risk of injury in a crash. That is true no matter your position versus the bus in an accident. People injured in other cars, as a bus passenger, a pedestrian, or cyclist, all face the risk of catastrophic injuries. That often requires obtaining extensive and expensive medical care. Figuring out how to pay for treatment and get fair value for serious injuries are difficult tasks for victims who often lack experience with catastrophic auto accidents.
Additionally, car accidents involving buses involve complicated liability issues. Buses have special rules on the road, such as use of bus lanes. RTD often alleges other drivers involved in bus accidents share some fault by raising a comparative negligence defense. RTD also has special rules for governmental immunity and special procedures must be followed to pursue a claim for damages against the agency. Some RTD buses are operated by private contractors, and completely different insurance and laws apply to their operations.
Our experienced RTD bus accident attorneys at Front Range Injury Attorneys will investigate your case and help make the process easier for you by taking on these difficult issues. We will evaluate liability issues and ensure the right processes are followed to get you the compensation you deserve. Our Denver lawyers represent clients injured across the RTD system including Aurora, Arvada, Lakewood and Westminster.
Bus accident statistics
Although bus accidents are rare, they happen more often than many people expect and often result in injuries to bus passengers and other people involved in the collision. According to federal research:
- More than 250 people are killed in bus accidents each year resulting from over 200 bus crashes
- 16,000 buses each year are involved in accidents resulting in injuries
- 35,000 people each year suffer injuries from bus accidents
- Transit buses, like RTD buses, account for 40% of all buses involved in fatal crashes
Causes of bus accidents in Colorado
Bus accidents may involve collisions with other motor vehicles, bicycles, pedestrians, electric scooters and stationary objects. Common causes of these crashes include:
- Distracted driving: bus drivers can become distracted like any other driver. A bus driver may distract themselves with texting or calls, but they can also be distracted by passengers on the bus.
- Driver error: bus drivers can make mistakes, despite training and commercial driver’s license. Failure to drive safely and observe traffic signals and signs can result in bus accidents.
- Speeding: buses follow schedules and unfortunately sometimes fall behind. Bus drivers may exceed the speed limit to make up time which increases the risk of an accident.
- Driving while intoxicated: bus drivers fall within FMCSA guidelines for drug and alcohol testing but sometimes drivers drive under the influence anyway. This increases the likelihood of distraction, error and unsafe driving.
- Defective bus conditions: bus companies and agencies like RTD must perform routine safety inspections and perform necessary mechanical repair to ensure safe operation. Failure to perform appropriate inspections or repairs can result in injuries and accidents.
- Hazardous conditions: buses often must accommodate hazardous driving conditions. These include narrow streets, streets lined with parked cars, damaged asphalt and weather-related conditions like snow and ice. These conditions make driving more difficult and increases the likelihood of a bus accident if the driver fails to operate safely under the circumstances.
Contact our Denver RTD bus accident attorney today
If you suffered injuries due to an RTD bus accident, contact Front Range Injury Attorneys today to discuss your case. We have dedicated our legal practice to helping people injured due to the negligence of others. Our Denver bus accident attorney can help you hold the responsible parties accountable for your injuries and damages. Contact our Denver law firm today.