Denver Limousine Accident Attorney
Limousines are luxurious vehicles but are just as vulnerable to accidents as other vehicles. The size and weight plus minimal safety features can pose a risk of more serious injuries than other car accidents. Our Denver limousine accident attorneys help clients get the medical care they need and the compensation they deserve.
Limousines require special licensing to drive and often involve commercial insurance coverage. As a result, a limo accident claim often involves commercial adjusters fighting hard to deny your claim and a driver who may risk losing a commercial driver’s license due to the collision. You need a Denver limousine accident attorney on your side who will advocate for your needs and fight to get you maximum compensation for your injuries and losses. We hold negligent drivers accountable for the harm they cause our clients. Contact our Denver car accident attorneys today for a free case review.
Why Choose Front Range Injury Attorneys?
At Front Range Injury Attorneys we care about helping our clients throughout their cases. We believe clients are best served when our personal injury attorneys participate in their cases from start to finish. We help our clients get the best treatment for their injuries. By building up your case from the beginning, we build a strong case to get the best results.
How we can help you
Watch this video to see managing attorney Adam Kielich discuss limousine accident cases and how our Denver law firm can help you recover for your losses.
Contact our office to discuss your Colorado motor vehicle accident case. We offer free case reviews for injury and accident cases across the state.
Tell us about your case
Why you should hire Denver limo accident attorneys for your case
Limo accidents often involve unique circumstances that make them different from most car accidents. Passengers in limousines frequently are in less safe situations than other cars due to overcrowding, not wearing seatbelts and sitting in side-facing seats. This can result in more severe or different injuries than a typical car passenger faces. The size and weight of a limo can cause serious injuries in crashes with other vehicles. Additionally, limo drivers must possess a commercial driver’s license (CDL) which can be put at risk by an accident so the driver may have an incentive to be dishonest about the facts of the collision.
As a result of these unique circumstances, insurance companies for limo companies often fight hard to deny, delay and reduce the value of any claim. You need an experienced car accident attorney on your side who knows how to fight back against limousine insurers and get fair compensation for your injuries and damages. The Denver limousine accident attorneys at Front Range Injury Attorneys are zealous advocates for our clients.
Causes of Limousine Accidents
Limousine accidents can cause injuries to passengers, pedestrians and other motorists. Common causes of limo crash injuries include:
- Driver impairment: driving while intoxicated is even more dangerous when the driver has passengers. An alcohol or drug-impaired limo driver should never be allowed behind the wheel. If you suspect the limousine driver involved in your accident was under the influence of drugs or alcohol, talk to an experienced car accident attorney about your legal options.
- Lack of safety features: Limos have added built-in safety features due to their size and structure. Unfortunately, some operators remove key safety features to increase passenger capacity or speed. Additionally, passengers often do not use seat belts, may overcrowd the rear passenger compartment, or move about in ways that increase the risk of injuries in an accident.
- Inadequate driver education: limo drivers must follow guidelines established by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. With poor training, drivers may lack the expertise to operate these unique vehicles or fail to follow FMCSA guidelines.
Limousine accidents occur every year, often resulting in severe injuries or even death. Even when the driver safely operates the vehicle, the limo company also must maintain these vehicles which may require special servicing due to their use as commercial transportation and their size. Failing to maintain the vehicle can also result in limo accidents.
Who is liable in a limousine crash under Colorado personal injury law?
Negligence by one or more party often causes limousine accidents and injuries. Under Colorado personal injury law, you have the right to pursue compensation for your damages from negligent parties. These may include:
- Limousine driver: Limo drivers have a duty of care towards passengers, pedestrians and other motorists. Negligent driver such as speeding, failure to obey traffic laws, careless driver and falling asleep at the wheel can lead to catastrophic injuries.
- Limo company: Limo companies are responsible for the safety of their business. That includes hiring qualified drivers, ensuring their ability to safely operate the limos owned by the company and maintaining their limos. A limousine accident caused by a negligent employed driver or defective vehicle can lead to a personal injury claim against the company. In most cases drivers are employed by the company and the company is responsible for its employees.
- Other drivers: Other drivers on the road may cause a limo accident. When that happens, you may file a claim with the the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
When a limo accident occurs, determining liability is a critical aspect of pursuing compensation. One or more parties may share blame for your injuries. Assessing the right parties to pursue and how to pursue those claims requires understanding Colorado tort law and how insurance companies work. The experienced Denver limo accident lawyers at Front Range Injury Attorneys can help you pursue maximum compensation.
Contact our limousine accident attorneys in Denver, Colorado
Our car accident attorneys help victims of limousine collisions in Denver, Colorado protect their rights and get paid for their injuries. After a car wreck, it is easy to feel overwhelmed by the process and your injuries. You don’t have to get lost in the process and let the insurance adjuster take advantage of you. Contact our law firm today for a free case review and learn more about how our Denver limousine accident attorneys can help you.